1st Cycle Academic Study Programme in Electrical Engineering
Length of the study programme: 3 years.
Number of ECTS credits of the study programme: 180.
Study programme options:
- Control Engineering,
- Power Engineering and Mechatronics,
- Information and Communication Technologies.
Study programme modules (modules are elective in the Year 3 summer semester regardless of the study programme option):
- Module A
- Module B
- Module C
- Module D
- Module E
Professional title conferred:
diplomirani inženir elektrotehnike (UN) / diplomirana inženirka elektrotehnike (UN)*
The abbreviated form of the title in both cases is dipl. inž. el. (UN).
* Female graduates take the latter title.
The basic objectives of the programme are:
- to offer high-quality knowledge in electrical engineering,
- to provide an excellent foundation for 2nd cycle study not only in electrical engineering but in any technical discipline,
- to enable efficient entry to the labour market through employment and independent tracking of the most recent achievements,
- to provide a good basis and incentive for further autonomous study within the framework of lifelong learning,
- to enable mobility between related and other study programmes and to ensure Europe-wide comparability of the achieved education.
General competences obtained through the programme:
- the ability to define, understand and creatively solve problems in the field of electrical engineering and in other fields,
- critical thinking on the basis of analysis and synthesis,
- professional, environmental and social responsibility,
- active professional written and oral communication,
- optimal use of ICT and its advancement,
- independent tracking of the most recent achievements and acquisition of new knowledge,
- teamwork with experts from various fields.