In addition to full-time study, the Faculty of Electrical Engineering also offers various weekly extracurricular activities aimed at encouraging creativity and innovation, developing competencies in fields that do not directly concern the study programme, and boosting opportunities for career development and easier integration in the labour market:
- professional workshops on electronics,programming, open code, robotics, etc.,
- workshops on the design of electronic circuits, websites, etc.,
- interdisciplinary professional student projects,
- workshops of the Career Centre of the University of Ljubljana,
- language courses,
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering Sports Club, Faculty of Electrical Engineering Vocal Ensemble,
- various competitions, hackathons and entrepreneurial workshops.
Extracurricular activities connect Faculty students and teachers in an informal way. They are organised by the Faculty or the University, but also by various student associations and organisations, such as the FEE Student Council, the FEE Student Organisation, EESTEC student associations, the IEEE student branch, BEST, IAESTE and others. They usually take place in the FEE Creative Classroom (called KuFE) and in MakerLab, but some are also organised at locations outside the Faculty and are part of organised get-togethers.
An approved and accepted extracurricular activity can bring 3 or 4 ECTS credits. Recognised study obligations and ECTS credits are included in the total number of ECTS credits of the study programme in which a student is enrolled, and the extracurricular activity is stated on the list of courses completed by a graduate.